*Click the Post Title to view the whole Chapter*

*Take Out all stuffs here with PROPER CREDIT*

My Sassy Girl Chapter 23

>> Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Sassy Girl by Kim Ho-sik [English CH.23]

CHAPTER 23

We were inside the department store.

I don't like buying stuff from a department store too much... mostly because of my prejudice against them... you know the rumors, right? Though I'm sure not every department store does this...

They buy stuff from the local street market, arrange them around so that they look fancier, then sell them at ridiculously expensive price...

So I've never really bought anything from a department store.. .except a formal suit I bought after graduating high school.

However, I really like window shopping. It's really fun to just walk around and look at bunch of different stuff they have there. She walks over to the Women's Business Suit section, and I followed her.

Her: Hey! This one's really pretty. Gyunwoo, isn't this really pretty?

Me: Why? Are you going to wear that?

Her: What's wrong with that?

Me: You? Wearing a business suit? With a short skirt like this?

Her: Hey! I wear skirt! … Sometimes...

Me: Yeah? Then try it on.

At this point, as if following a script, a sales representative appeared out of nowhere.

“That's one of our latest product, following the most recent fashion trend. You really have good eyes, ma'am. Would you like to try it on?”

She threw her purse at me as she entered the changing room. Hehe, I've never seen Her wearing a skirt before...

Me: Wh- Wha... Hey.... Hey... Uh...

Her: What? Say it out loud!

Me: Whoa... you have really nice legs...

Her: -_-;;

Saleswoman: Wow! It looks very good on you! Shall I pack it up for you?

Her: How much is it?

Saleswoman: It's priced at 1.2 million won ($1,200)

Me: 1.2 m- million? It's just pocket change... 1.2 million pocket change...

Her: No way... it's too expensive...
She went back to the changing room and came out with her own clothes. Though it's not as expensive, she looked more beautiful wearing her own style of clothes...

I could just say screw it and buy it for her... I took dad's credit card with me today, after all...

But... I then saw a vision...

Mom: W-What is this?! 1.2 million won for clothes?!

Dad: What are you talking about? What clothes?

Mom: Look at this!! 1.2 million!!

Me: (not looking at them in the eyes) Hey, uh... I'm going to the library to study...

Mom: You're going to the library to study? Stop joking around and do the dishes!

Mom & Dad: !#$@#%$^#%&%^&^#$%&^%#%$^$%^&$%^#^%@$^#$%^

Mom: I can't believe you! All those time when I complained and complained that I didn't have anything to wear outside, and you buy one for some whore?!

“Dear Mom and Dad:

Please forgive me for using the credit card... When this world changes for the better and become a world without clothes, I will come back and make it all up to you.”

The next day, advertisement saying “Gyunwoo, we forgive you for everything. Please just come back tome” are posted in all the daily newspaper in the countr-

Her: Hey! Stop daydreaming and let's go!

She wakes me up from my vision and hands me the 1.2 million suit. In a moment of desire for childish revenge, I flick a booger at it before handing over to the sales rep. And before the sales rep finds out, I took Her hands and fled the scene of crime. If I get caught, I might actually have to buy the clothes for 1.2 million...

We went around the department store without getting Her any presents... and it was already nighttime. Though we pulled a lot of pranks while looking around

Her:

Trying out expensive high heels and kick a pillar when the sales rep is not looking

Wiping hands on a silk-woven clothes on display after going to the restroom

Me:

Taking pictures of myself while posing in inappropriate position with the store mannequins.

When someone else is about to buy a 100,000 won shoes ($100), comment “Hey, didn't we see that shoe on sale for 80,000 won at the department store next door?”
Her & Me:

Riding the escalator the wrong way

Pushing every button before getting off the elevator

After all the frolicking around, we got pretty hungry. We were like little kids, messing around the place... Maybe we'll try the Blue House next? (T/N: The Blue House, or the Blue-Roofed House, is the presidential residence of the President of South Korea)

It was about dinnertime as well, so we left the department store without buying her a present. Actually... we kinda forgot that we went into the store to get Her a present...

And then... it was nighttime...

Translated By: BumFromKorea

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP