*Click the Post Title to view the whole Chapter*

*Take Out all stuffs here with PROPER CREDIT*

My Sassy Girl Chapter 24

>> Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Sassy Girl by Kim Ho-sik [English CH.24]

CHAPTER 24


After completely forgetting that we went into the department store to get Her a present, we left the place. Can't really think straight when you're hungry, right?

Her: Whoa, it's dark outside already.

Me: Yeah... let's go get something to eat. Where do you want to go?

Her: Well... um... that is... see, I...

Me: What? Say it out loud!

Her: I... I want to eat... THAT.

Me: That? What's 'that'? A puppy? Snake soup?

Her: No! Geez! You know... THAT.

Me: What is “THAT”?!

Her: That... jajangmyun...

Me: …...

So, we went to the Chinese restaurant.... T_T (T/N: Refer to Chapter 9 if you forgot what happened with them and the infamous jajangmyun (black bean noodle) http://my-sassy-jihyun.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-sassy-girl-chapter-14.html

But... I mean, this was our 100 th day anniversary. I mean, I wasn't planning to take her to a fancy five star restaurant or something... but jajangmyun of all things?

'You can barely afford jajangmyun anyway', you say?

...I stole dad's credit card, remember?

I mean, ramen would have been a better choice. Or we could not eat at all... But... but.... why jajangmyun of all things...

Me: You want the double-sized bowl, right? Excuse me! Could we get a double-bowl jajangmyun and a jjamppong? (T/N: Spicy, seafood-broth-based noodle. I personally hate it, but it's as popular as jajangmyun and is often sold in same places where they sell jajangmyun. http://c.ask.nate.com/imgs/qrsi.tsp/5612755/7738181/1/1/A/7t6uyg.jpg )

What? You thought I was going to eat jajangmyun after what had happened last time?

Our orders came out, one jjamppong and one double-sized jajangmyun...

Her: Hey, Gyunwoo?

Me: Hmm?

Her: So...

Me: What? What's wrong with you today? Speak your mind.

Her: So... that jjamppong looks really tasty.

Me:...

Her: Let's switch.

Me: T_T

A double-sized jajangmyun now stands before my eyes... which are flowing with miserable tears.

After dinner, we went to go see a movie, then we went to a cafe. And now, it's already midnight. Looks like I can't go back home tonight, with all the buses and subway closed for the day. I'll probably have to spend the night at my aunt's house... You know Gyungin Women's college near Kyesan? My aunt lives in the apartment right in front of that place.

Before they built the college there, the place near the apartment was really empty and quiet... but with the college there, there were a lot of girls walking around the place. My aunt was thinking about renting some of her rooms out to the students, and I was thinking about moving in to live with my aunt when that happened.

What if there's no room left for me, you say? Well, I wouldn't mind having a roommate. ^^

Her: Gyunwoo, there's a place we have to go.

Me: 'have to go'?

Her: Yeah...

Me: Where?

Her: Just follow me.

Me: It's midnight already. Don't you have to go home?

Her: You can't go home either, right?

Me: My aunt lives in Kyesan. I can just crash there.

Her: Just... follow me.

We took a cab, and went to the place she wanted to go to. I've never been in this area before... couldn't even tell which way was which. I followed her after getting off the cab, and we went to some cafe.

Her: My mom's friend runs this cafe...

Me: Oh really?.. so, why are we here?

Her: Let's go in...

Me: Here? The signs are all off... aren't they closed right now?

Her:....

When we went inside, there were couple people around... oh, God, there was a familiar face. That couple... from the double date (T/N: Chapter 11, http://my-sassy-jihyun.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-sassy-girl-chapter-16.html) and her three friends were there.

Couple-Girl: Finally, the guests of honor are here. Okay, everyone ready?

The couple sit together as if they're joined at the hip... in a way, they're made for each other...

After sitting down in one table, we exchange pleasantries...

And just sat there for about a minute or two.

.............................

.............................

She must have asked her friend to rent out her friend's mom's cafe. I think this was her first time planning something special for me...

The cafe was filled with comfortable chairs, glass tables, and there was a white piano in the corner. Each table had a spotlight of its own from the ceiling... but they were all turned off. Only the light above the table we were sitting around were on, painting pretty green silluete on everyone's face as it illuminated the room against the darkness.

Her friend comes in with a cake, and sets it up on the table.

There were two candles on the tiny cake.

I can almost feel the wavering of the two flames.

I think I can hear music playing from somewhere...

“Even if~ we fly across the skies freely~ don't be surprised~” (T/N: The Classic's popular song “The Magic Castle”... though the version sang by a little kid became far more popular http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-QeUBR9Wv4)

Her and I blow the candles together.

Everyone around us clapped, shouting “Happy 100th!”

I was really moved... I couldn't even imagine that she would go this far to prepare an event like this... But I didn't cry. Why? Because I'm a man... -_-

Her: Here... I have a present for you.

Me: Present? You even got me a present?

Her: Yeah... thanks, Gyunwoo.
Me: For what?

Her: Just... for everything. Open the present.

Me: Yeah... but... I didn't get anything for you at the department store...

Her: That's okay... go ahead and open the present...

Me: Yeah...

The box was as big as a crate of apples. I went through the pretty wrapping papers, and felt... clothes? I wasn't exactly following the lastest fashion trend, so I guess she got me some clothes to wear...

Couple: So? What is it?

Friends: What is it? The box is pretty big...

There were several clothes in the box, so I kept searching around with my hand then pulled out the smallest one I could find...

It was dark everywhere... but something was shining nonetheless...

A... skull?

Yes... that's right... the glow-in-the-dark skull underwear... that I left it at her house after the gangster incident (T/N:http://my-sassy-jihyun.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-sassy-girl-chapter-21.html )

I looked at all the other “presents” she got for me. Her... “presents”... were all the clothes I left at her house after meeting those gangsters in the street....

I could have taken out a shirt, or pants... but underwear of all things...

Friends: Whoa! You guys are close enough to give each other underwears already?

Couple: Haha... the skull is kinda cute.

Me: ….

I didn't buy those underwears. As mom had all the spending money in the house, she picked out everyone's clothes... but for some reason (I guess she likes glow-in-the-dark), at least one-third of all the underwear she buys is glow-in-the-dark. Aside from this skull one, there's also one that glows “I LOVE YOU” in the dark... (T/N: “I LOVE YOU” is in English)

The worst of them all is the Carrot underwear... you know how people sleep in their underwear in summer because it's too hot?

So... when I'm wearing that one... at night, an orange carrot glows right where...

Mom must think I'm still in fourth grade or something...

If anyone's interested, I am more than willing to sell it online. Turn the light off and show it off to your loved ones... the carrot that glows in the dark right where...

Me: Um... thanks for the presents..

Her: Hahahahahahaha! I washed it myself with my own hands! It was my first time washing a guy's underwear!

Me:...

Her: Gyunwoo, come here for a second.

She drags me over to the piano, and she sat down in front of it. Everyone else stood around the piano.

She took a deep breath, then lightly placed her hands over the keys. Suddenly, a tranquil rendition of “Fur Elise” filled the air.

I stared at her... now I understood why she asked me that question... “When do you think that a girl is at her prettiest?” As I thought, as she played the piano with utmost sincerety, she was really beautiful.

She continued as the second part of the music began... then, a disruptive note jarred everyone's sense as she hit a wrong note.

Her: You said a girl was at her prettiest when she was playing a piano, so I practiced all week... This is easier than Ballade Pour Adeline... so...

She smiled sheepishly.

Though it was an awkward performance, and ended abruptly with a mistake... but it was the most beautiful piano performance I've ever heard in my life. As I'm writing this, I can still remember how amazing it was..

Later, I heard her friend talking to Her about it...

Friend: I taught you day and night for a week, and you can't even last two lines?!

Me: What? I haven't even touched a piano since I learned from “Do” to “Fa” when I was little!

Translated By: BumFromKorea

13 comments:

Ethan Liew Tjun Git May 8, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

OMG!! I read all your translations from Chapter 1 until now in 3 hours.. It's amazing! Thanks for it.. Been searching this awhile and finally found it.

BTW, the last translation that indicates Gun Woo is correct? why so suddenly her friend is commenting about his piano skills?

Waiting for the next chapter to be posted. Thanks once more!

Ethan Liew Tjun Git May 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

1 more question.. Is the author the man in this story?

Unknown July 21, 2010 at 4:42 AM  

i'll wait for the next chapter..thanks for sharing this wonderful stories!:D

Unknown July 28, 2010 at 3:03 AM  

thanks for translating it for us.. looking forward for the next chapter though.. :)

Unknown October 4, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

i hope you continue translating this.. i really
love your translations

nguyen December 22, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

this is my all time favorite movie, thanks so much for all your amazing work.

Can't believe i gulf it all in 2 30 hours !!! Pls keep translating ...

What's your facebook account, mister, i will follow you :e:

Unknown March 24, 2011 at 11:20 AM  

This whole thing is really awesome, no, it’s amazing.

I guess those words are not enough to describe this blog…

I think that reading the story about Gyunwoo and his “Sassy Girl” here is better than watching the movie (I love the movie just like everyone else here).

Eleven months had passed since this chapter was posted.
When will the next chapter be translated? We’ll be waiting for it. :)

Anonymous June 25, 2011 at 11:27 AM  

what about next?

New 33 September 22, 2011 at 10:13 AM  

still waiting for the next chapter :)

Ethan Liew Tjun Git October 23, 2011 at 3:36 AM  

its a year and Imma still waiting.. lol

Esperence November 6, 2011 at 6:49 AM  

i'm waiting too :)

Schlez February 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM  

Great work! It's been nearly two years now since the last chapter. Any chance for an update any time soon?

dotii March 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM  

i think the translator died after translating 24 chapters. he died from severe bleeding of nose.

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP