*Click the Post Title to view the whole Chapter*

*Take Out all stuffs here with PROPER CREDIT*

My Sassy Girl Chapter 10

>> Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Sassy Girl by Kim Ho-sik [English CH.10]

CHAPTER 10


[My guess is this was partially incorporated in the taxi scene back from the high-school uniform --> club]

Ah, Saturday… Saturdays are always the best.

No school… I don’t have to wake up early and face the hangover… I can stay up all night surfing websites…

ALSO! You can express your… love to each other… all night long… hehehehe…

It was early in the morning, and I got a call from her.

“Her”: Hey… so what do you like?

Me: Um.. girls?

“Her”: Idiot… I meant, what do you like to eat?

Me: Yeah, I know. Girls (… I’m so sorry about this)

“Her”: Wanna die? Anyway, my parents won’t be home for two days, so come over and I’ll make you something.

Me: Really? You want me to come over? And you’re going to make me something?

“Her”: Yes! So tell me what you want to eat already before I change my mind.

She’s…. She’s actually doing something nice for me? Right? She is doing something nice for me, right?

She calls me over because she’s going to alone in the house for two days? What makes her think she’ll be safer with me over there?

I was invited to her house… this is my first time over there since I met her… I should groom myself a bit, right?

I went to a public bathhouse [note: lol… this does not carry the same implication as it does in United States. It is literally a place with several gigantic baths and showers where people go take baths.], and my face turned a several shades whiter. I wore my best underwear… glow-in-the-dark skull pattern… -_-;; It actually looks really cool when it’s dark… you know, with skulls glowing… I also borrowed a Chanel perfume from my little sister [Note:… yeah, I don’t know why he used his sister’s either…]

I arrived at Bupyeong station… she said she would come and get me when I call her, but I decided to buy a little present beforehand… I was invited, after all…

She came over in a cab and took me to her house…

I guessed that she was rich, but her house was pretty big… a giant front door… and a Shepherd the size of a lion started to go crazy and barked at me.

“Her”: That’s strange… Chacha (dog’s name) never barks at people, even to strangers… Are you thinking about something perverted?

Me: How would a dog know what I’m thinking about?! He’s just nervous because I’m new to him (smart dog…)

“Her”: But he never barks when my friends are over… that’s so strange…

How the hell did this dog caught on? Do you remember that scene from “There’s Something About Mary” where the main character fights with a dog, and… Well, just in case, I covered… myself with my hands…

I’d rather face a pair of scissors… -_-;

Once inside, she poured me a cup of juice and told me she was going to make lunch even though it’s kinda late. So I sat down on a sofa with absolutely nothing going through my mind.

“Hey! Lunch is ready! Hurry up!”

I could see the warm, comforting steam coming from her lunch… it’s ramen….

“… I thought you were going to make something special?”

“Yeah, it’s a special ramen. Looks good, right?”

“So you invited me all the way to your house to eat… ramen?”

Talk about a huge disappointment… ramen… But I think she noticed that I was severely disappointed because then she said something that really affected me deep down.

“Do you want to eat it, or wear it on your head?”

“I-I’ll eat it. Thank you so much! This looks really tasty!”

By the time I was finished, she promised to make something really special for dinner. Heh… that means she wants me to stay until dinnertime… maybe even afterwards?

We watched a movie [note: video, not DVD… lol remember, this story takes place in that ancient strange world where DVD was yet to be born] in the dark, with the curtains drawn… sitting on the same couch…

Somewhere in the middle, I decided that the movie was no good, and before I knew it I fell asleep… When I woke up, the TV was making a strange noise with gray squiggles going all over the screen. I guess the movie had ended…

She was sleeping on my right shoulder. I turned my head towards the right side.

Her head was right next to mine. I could smell the fragrance coming from her hair… It was nice…

I thought about waking her up… but she was sleeping so soundly that I decided to let her sleep… but my shoulder was starting to ache… and my arm began to feel numb… Holding her head lightly, I got my shoulder out of there and wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

She was still sleeping, with her head on my chest.

While watching her sleep, I thought… it had been two months since I’ve met her. Her wounds must have healed a lot by now… but she’s always beating me up, messing with me, putting me in trouble… but I think she’s depending on me as well…

She shifted around a bit, then woke up… then wiped her drool from her face.

My… shirt has something warm and slippery on as well…

She’s making dinner now… It smells wonderful… It felt as if we were the newlyweds. I went over to the kitchen and saw her busying herself over so many different things. I wanted to go behind her and give her a hug.

But we don’t have that kind of relationship yet… we’ve only held hands so far…

She made Soondobu Chigae [Spicy soft tofu stew. Mmm… I think I’ll make that for dinner. Picture reference: http://www.sangganews.com/board_file/bd_success/updir/200705/s_img/117990211762.jpg]… Only because I’ve said before that I liked Soondobu Chigae… We sat down together.

I took a spoonful and carefully brought it over… I put it in my mouth…

I almost spat it out. It was… beyond the point of salty and into bitterness. I began to cry.

“Aw… Don’t be so emotional about it… *blushes*”

“Y-yeah…. It’s… delicious… *sniffs*”

This was the first meal she made for me. How could I say it was horrible? Her disappointment? Screw that, she might just pour the whole thing down my throat.

I didn’t let her eat a teaspoon and ate the whole thing. I couldn’t stop crying… When I finished, I drank a 1.5 liter bottle of water in one gulf.

It was getting pretty dark…

Me: Hey, I’m gonna go home… Thanks for dinner…

“Her”: What? You’re going already? But I’ll be alone in the house…

Me: You’re in more danger with me… Make sure you lock all the doors and windows, Okay?

“Her”: Wait… but we have to do something tonight.

Do something??? Just the two of us??? There are some strange nuances of meanings in that sentence right there. An empty house… what would we be doing tonight? What do you think, we would be playing Monopoly? Hehehehe…

She’s bringing a huge stack of books… each book has post-its and highlights all over the place

“Hey, what’s all this?”

She’s also bringing a notebook.

“Type these for me.”

… The reason she really brought me over was to… use me as a typewriter all night long… I knew it was too good to be true.

I spent all night typing her notes and post-its and highlights… she brought be a juice then slept for an hour… then got me some fruits then slept for an hour… then got me some cookies… then slept for an hour…

But still, I don’t really mind… We don’t really love each other anyway… Rather, we try not to love each other… All I want now is for her to overcome her past and be able to love someone else again. That was my intention from the start anyway…

I know, this one wasn’t as fun as the others… but not every episode can be fun… right? She’s becoming more popular than me online… I’m kinda envious… heh…

Translated By: BumFromKorea

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP