*Click the Post Title to view the whole Chapter*

*Take Out all stuffs here with PROPER CREDIT*

My Sassy Girl Chapter 13

>> Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Sassy Girl by Kim Ho-sik [English CH.13]

CHAPTER 13


She was calling me, even though it was really early in the morning... well, turned out it was noon already. During breaks or holidays... or semesters, I need at least 12 hours of sleep to function properly. I was on the internet until 6 am in the morning last night, so I only had 6 hours of sleep so far.

“Her”: What's wrong with you? Are you still sleeping in?

Me: Uh huh... *Yawn* ... Zzzzzz

“Her”: Right... you were on the internet all night again, huh?

Me: No, no... I was, uh... studying... -_-;;

“Her”: Yeah right... I'll give you a call around 6 P.M., so get some rest then come out, okay?

Me: Okay... *Yawn*

zzzz..zzzz..zzz...zzz.

*Riiiing!*

Me: Hello....

“Her”: Hey, Gyunwoo. It's me... Can you meet me at Jongroe (T/N: One of the more popular place to hang out and have fun in the middle of Seoul)?

Me: Okay... gimme 30 minutes... I'll just wash my face and be there.

I was in front of the Jongroe Bookstore. It was pretty crowded with people waiting for their friends, even for a Saturday night... I was looking for Her around...

Suddenly, someone came next to me and nudged my arm...

Sun Mi: Hey, Gyunwoo! Long time no see! How have you been?

Me: Hey, Sun Mi... yeah, long time no see... What're you doing here?

Sun Mi: What do you mean? I came to see you.

Me: Huh? What are you talking about?

Sun Mi: I just called you like 30 minutes ago, remember? To meet me at Jongroe?

Me: -_-;;

Yes... that's right... The call I got 30 minutes ago telling me to go to Jongroe was not from Her, but from Sun Mi, an old friend of mine.

I looked at my watch... It was 7 P.M... She said she'll call me at 6 PM... I took my phone out and saw this...:

You Have (5) Missed Calls

I was completely screwed... Oblivious to my realization, Sun Mi told me that she was hungry... She was going to buy dinner, and dragged me along...

I mean, I'm glad she wanted to have dinner and catch up, but why today of all days? And what the hell was wrong with me, confusing Sun Mi's voice with Her voice even if I was sleeping? It was pretty much clear that God had turned his back on me today.

But how can I refuse an old friend who wants to have dinner and catch up? So I followed Sun Mi to a restaurant... And my phone began to ring on the way... It was her, in all probability... what do I say to her?

Me: Yes? Hello?

“Her”: Hey! You little... *static* Where the hell are.. *static* *Beep* *Beep*

Oh goody... It was out of batteries... is this lucky, or am I screwed even more?

Sun Mi took me to a really nice restaurant... I don't usually go to this kind of place, but she wanted to eat here... but the waitress was from another country... I don't think she spoke any Korean, because she started to talk in English.

Waitress: Good evening. Are you ready to order? (T/N: in English)
Me & Sun Mi: -_-;;

Of course, it's easy to figure out what she was saying if you write it out like that... that's like English phrases you learn in middle school. Basically, she was saying 'Good evening, are you ready to order?', but to actually hear it in real life situation... it took me by surprise... Sun Mi and I both looked at each other, not knowing what to do...

This is embarrassing... I studied English for god knows how many years... But I tried my best...

Me: Oh!! My Gosh!!! ... -_-;; (T/N:... in English)

I guess the waitress was at a loss as to what to do as well... She went over to the counter, and this gave us a chance to discuss our predicament..

Me: Hey... what's with this place? You're the one who wanted to eat here... did you know they only use English?

Sun Mi: No... this is my first time too...

Me: You order it. I have no idea... I'll just have what you're having..

Sun Mi: Everyone says you're really good at English... you do it..

Me: No, that's just bs... Forget English, I barely speak Korean...

The waitress came back... damn it, they could probably tell we couldn't speak English, but still they're sticking with the same waitress...

Waitress: May I take your order? (T/N: in English)

Sun Mi... was looking away.

Me: Um... Um...

Waitress: Do you need a few more minutes to decide?

Me: Huh? What? Slow slow.. speak! Please... (T/N: in English... very broken English)

Sun Mi: Hey... let's just eat hamburger steaks.

Me: Hambag Steaki... two!! ok? (T/N: in English... very painful English)

Waitress: Yes....

Yes! Gyunwoo saves the day! It was awesome! ... But...

Waitress: Would you like any soup or salad?

Me: T.T

Dinner was turning out to be a real challenge... Just give us two hamburger steaks... what now...

Me: Speak slow please... (T/N: english)

Huh... I think she's asking us whether we would like soup or salad as well..

Me: No thank you...

Whew! At last... I was drenched in sweat... Even though it was a middle school level English, but an actual conversation can be... confusing.

Our... well, my efforts led to us getting the hamburger steaks... It was actually really good. Then, when we were finished, the waitress came back... We were hoping it was just to get the dishes out of the way, but... No... she couldn't just take the dishes away, could she?

Waitress: We have a wide assortment of desserts. (T/N: english)

What... What did she just say? Luckily, I caught the word “dessert” at the end of the sentence, so we just took a guess that she was asking about desserts.

I asked Sun Mi if she wanted anything... Sun Mi wanted coke, and I wanted coffee! Hah! I can take care of this one... Coffee and coke...
Me: I would like a cup of coffee and (points at Sun Mi) coke (T/N: English)

Haha... Mother, I think Gyunwoo is ready for a transfer to an American university!

So we were enjoying our hard-earned coffee and coke when... I remembered something very, very unpleasant... Her calls...

Because of the trouble with the waitress... I had completely forgotten about her calls... The sky was falling... the coffee tasted like poison...

I tried to call her, but the batteries were still out. Sun Mi offered her cell, but I chose to use the public phone instead... there was no need to offend Sun Mi by taking a call in front of her...

I pressed her phone number one by one... my fingers were shaking...

Her: Hello...

Me: Hey... um... It's me-

Her: You're DEAD!!! Where are you?!

Me: You see... what happened was...

Her: Shut up! Where are you?!!

Me: Jongroe...

Her: Jongroe? What're you doing there? Why haven't you called back? Why were your phone off? And what are you doing in Jongroe?!

Me: Oh... um... my cell doesn't have any batteries... where are you?

Her: Shinchon (T/N: Another popular place to hang out in Seoul). Get over here in 30 minutes!

Yeah, right. If I go near her when she's this angry, I'll be beaten to death.

Me: Today's not a good day... sorry... there was... uh... there's something I have to take care of.. Sorry..

Her: Fine. Do whatever you want. I'm with a guy right now, so if you don't want to come, don't come.

Hah... she's trying to make me jealous. I'm with a girl too, you know... hehehe.... -_-;;

If I fall for that and go there, she'll beat the crap out of me. It's not like we're actually dating... and it's not like we ever said that we like each other... But it still kinda hurts...

But... I don't feel guilty at all...

Even if it kinda hurts inside, preserving my life is much more important. So I told her that I was sorry and that I can't make it that night and hung up.
But... That wasn't the end... the next day...

Translated By: BumFromKorea

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP