*Click the Post Title to view the whole Chapter*

*Take Out all stuffs here with PROPER CREDIT*

My Sassy Girl Chapter 18

>> Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Sassy Girl by Kim Ho-sik [English CH.18]

CHAPTER 18


But when I was making my way to the station, someone suddenly grabbed my shoulder... and turned me around by force...

Suddenly, something flashed before my eyes... I was stunned for about 5 seconds... I was trying to figure out what had just happened...

It was her... She had ran towards me, grabbed my right shoulder with her left hand... like a scene in a romantic movie, turned me around by force... and with her right hand...

WHAM!!!

Punched me right in my left eye.... it bruised up nicely, like this → o.O

Typically, such human body part is referred to as an “eye”. But when an outside force exerts such excess pressure on it, the name changes to something more professional and medical...

'Eyeball', I think they call it....

I covered my eye-, no, eyeball with my hand... and looked at her with my other eye...

Her: Follow me!

Me: T.O

If I didn't follow her, she probably would have made the other eye an eyeball as well... so I followed her while putting some distance between us.

Perhaps... My thoughts were muddled by alcohol...

I should've stayed there... and witness her getting over her wounds as she finds happiness after all this time... that was the moment I had wished for... that moment was then...

But I walked out on her instead... what was I thinking?

I followed her back to the bar. He asked her where she went, but she didn't answer him.

I ordered another drink...

Me: Excuse me!

Part-timer: Yes, sir?

Me: Can I get a pint of beer and... do you guys have any eggs? (T/N: a common folk treatment for bruises, especially bruises around the eyes, is to rub a cold egg on the spot... apparently it disperses the blood?)

The part-timer stared at my eye...ball...

Then the part-timer brought me a pint and an egg... It was a bit embarrassing. He said he drove here and that he shouldn't drink any more... so I drank by myself....

A mug on my right hand and an egg on my left hand, rubbing my left eyeball.

I was done drinking, and we were out of food... He looked like he sobered up as well... and she wasn't drinking in the first place. She said

“Let's go do some karaoke.”

I had no idea then what she was trying to do. Why is she trying so hard to extend this boring and awkward meeting? Why was she extending her own misery?

He wanted more time to sober up so that he can drive, so he agreed. I agreed as well... for my right eye's sake.

The karaoke place was on the floor above the bar. The three of us got a rather big room. You know, they say that a really good voice singing a good song can give the listeners a minor orgasm. (T/N: ... I have no idea if this is true...) And usually it makes people want to go pee (T/N:... *shrug*).

I was familiar with the concept. When I sing, my friends all want to go to the restroom... You know, to avoid listening to me sing...

I don't really like going to karaoke... I suck at singing... But I'm really good at using tambourine... No matter what kind of song, ballad, rock, dance, trot, or whatever, I can accompany it well with the... tambourine...

It is my utmost wish that karaoke place would allow people to lip-synch as well...

She gave the microphone to me... I gave it to Him... I guess he already knew what he was going to sing, because he started to put in some numbers.

It was Lee Seung Chul's “Remember Me, You are my Only One”

(T/N: Youtube link for anyone interested... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2fpdnC_MlM )

“I love you ~~ I loved you so much ~~ I've only lived for you ~~ Don't forget me~~
I've only looked for you ~~ and waited for you ~~ and longed for you~~
Please remember me, you are my only one~~~
One day, long after you left me, I felt the pain of separation, feeling of loneliness, and the unquenchable sadness~~~”

He was really good... His eyes were fixed on Her. He was singing, so why was I feeling so sad? I barely kept the tears from flowing.

Anyone could tell that he was expressing his love in his singing... it was her turn to sing... she chose...

Yang Pa's “A'ddio” (T/N: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrH-tM9cLl4 .. just ignore the announcer in the beginning)

“Did you feel~~ that love was a luxury for you?
You were so painfully cold~ I understand the tears now~
If there's no way to turn everything back to the beginning, please forgive me~
For not realizing your feelings sooner~~”

She wasn't looking at Him or me... she wasn't even looking at the screens... But, for some reason... I felt like this was her last song for me... He was clapping... the clapping noises were slapping my heart again and again...

It was my turn. I suck at singing, and didn't know any song... I didn't want to sing, but the situation was... So I picked a song and began to sing... (T/N: http://goodieds.tistory.com/1275?srchid=BR1http%3A%2F%2Fgoodieds.tistory.com%2F1275 OR http://depression01.tistory.com/29?srchid=BR1http%3A%2F%2Fdepression01.tistory.com%2F29)

“I love you~ Forever~~ It's okay~~ if I give you my everything~~
Even if I'm able to live in this world~~ Without you, it's too hard~~
What's left of my life~~ I'll sacrifice it for you~ Don't feel bad~~
And please~~ live on happily~”

Of all the songs listed in the book, it had to be this one... I just picked out a random song and... it would've been nice if someone who could sing well sung this song....

We kept singing back and forth until time was up... My watch told me it was 10 PM in the evening... I took my bag as I stepped out of the karaoke room.

He slung her bag on his shoulder... She didn't say anything...

He lived in Inchon, and she lived in Bupyung... plus, he had a car with him, so she would have a comfortable ride back home... When she was with me, she would have to take the subway home... we would always be pressured to catch the last car of the day... and it was always crowded and uncomfortable...

In front of the building, it was time for us to part. I began to say things that I really didn't believe in.

Me: Today was fun... We should hang out next time too....

Him: Yeah... then I'll see you next time too...

He probably didn't want to see me next time either... She was still in the restroom... and he was holding onto her bag...

I was thinking about waiting for her... but then I thought that if I saw her, I would cry like an idiot.

It wasn't because I had to part with her... or the loneliness from the fact that she doesn't need me by her side any more... I didn't think that I was in love with her either...

Just... that's how I felt then.. so I left before she got out of the restroom... I had to go to the Shinchon-Hyundai Department Store to catch the subway (T/N: Some popular department stores in Seoul get their own designated subway station.) ...

I wanted to look back to see if she followed me, but my logical side ordered me... to just go home...

I was in front of the escalator that linked the department store to the subway station...

I smoked a cigarette... and stayed there till the first one burned out... I took out a second one...

For some reason, there were a lot of couples around me... I was just standing there fore about 10 minutes... then...

I saw her running towards me from far away!

I squinted my eyes and looked again... I don't think it was her...

Heh... what was I thinking... I took the escalator to the station... I was about quarter way down when... suddenly, I heard a voice calling for me...

“Gyunwoo!!”

I looked up the escalator. It was her!! She was calling for me from above!! But the distance between us began to increase... The escalator kept going down... I was halfway down now... For some reason, I thought that if I kept going down, I'll never get to see her again... I was so happy that...

I weaved through the people who were going down the escalator and ran up towards her.

And then I passionately embraced her.

Everyone around and on the escalator began to stare at us... The people on the stair next to us.. and the people outside the doors... everyone was...

Then, while everyone was watching... she began to beat the crap out of me with her bag.

You know how in movies, a couple kisses or embraces each other in public after a tense moment, the crowd around them claps for them? But in reality... it doesn't really work that way. They just stared at us while probably thinking, 'Nutjobs...'

I took the subway headed towards Inchon with her... until we were near the Bupyung station, we didn't say a thing... I thought about all the things that happened between us while I was with her... I still don't know what she is thinking...

After we got off the subway, we could've taken a cab... but she said she wanted to walk a bit... so we walked side by side.

She said...

Her: Gyunwoo...

Me: Hmm?

Her: Even though he was a better singer... I liked your singing better...

Me: .....

Her: And... I like the train that I ride with you better than his car...

Me: ......

This was the end of her wandering. She no longer has any wounds or pain.

And I am with her... but for a completely different reason...

We arrive at her house... I asked....

Me:... Um... why did you beat me up at Shinchon?

Her: Isn't it obvious?! Idiot! Who gave you permission to hug me?!

Epilogue – She wanted to demonstrate that her wounds were healed through action to me... and that's why she met Him in front of me. It wasn't that she was meeting me in front of Him... But I can't confidently declare that the reason why I am by her side is love... Nor can she...

The next story was about a month ago... She started to read this after her friend told her about it... if she reads this, she'll laugh out loud... haha...

Next time, I'll write something funnier. ^^

Translated By: BumFromKorea

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP