*Click the Post Title to view the whole Chapter*

*Take Out all stuffs here with PROPER CREDIT*

My Sassy Girl Chapter 17

>> Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Sassy Girl by Kim Ho-sik [English CH.17]

CHAPTER 17


The pub we went to was very different from a typical bar. It was more of a cocktail bar than a pub. There was a quiet and moody ballad song playing in the background.

There were two kinds of table at the pub. There was a circular table, and a typical rectangular one.

He was the first one to go in, and he went towards a rectangular table. I came in right after, but I was too engrossed in my thought to notice that he had already gotten a table.

As soon as I stepped into the bar, and noticed the mood of the place, I began to think...

'Just like at the cafe, she's talking to both me and him in turns, and she's trying her best to make the situation as comfortable as possible for both of us.

At a rectangular table, she would have to choose who she's going to sit next to....

I should go sit at a circular table...'

So I went to a circular table. But he was still going towards a rectangular table. She followed me and called out to him to follow us..

She must have thought the same thing. To her, a rectangular table would have been a tough situation.

He complained as he sat down that a circular table was inconvenient.

I wondered how someone who had loved her could be so thoughtless. Or... maybe it wasn't a thoughtlessness, but his confidence towards me in respect to her. He must have expected her to sit next to him.

I really didn't care who she sat next to, as long as she didn't feel uncomfortable. But maybe I was wishing that she would sit next to Him... so that she can demonstrate to me that she had completely healed...

Because... that was the reason why I stayed with her all this time...

We ordered drinks, but it wasn't a cheerful table at all. I drank, but I was not enjoying myself. She wasn't drinking at all.

Many thoughts crossed my mind.. Does she not drink when she's with Him? But pretense and Her... does not mix at all. Maybe she has something to say to me and Him, and that it has to be said under a clear mind.

Both He and I got drunk. When you drink with one another, you tend to get friendlier with that person even if he was a stranger, but... that wasn't the case between Him and me. It wasn't intentional, but we didn't really say anything to each other... not that I had anything to say to him...

I thought... 'This is enough... She is able to see Him without becoming uneasy, so she must be able to fall in love again.'

I got up from the table. She asked me why I was getting up, and I answered I had to go to the restroom. But I really just wanted to go home. I thought I'll just call her on the way...

And I sneaked out of the bar... As I went down the stairs, someone called me.

Her: Hey! Where are you going?

Me: Why are you following me? Go back inside... Hurry up...

Her: Where are you going?!

Me: I'm really tired, so I'm going home... Take care when you go back home, okay?

Her: Get back inside, or I'll kill you!

Me: -_-;;

She came down a few stairs, coming near me... I said

Me: You know... you could've just told me something like this over the phone...

Her: Huh? What do you mean?

Me: ..........

What I wanted to tell her was that if she wanted to tell me that she was going out with her ex again... it would not have been a big deal. If she called me and told me, I would have just congratulated her.

But when I saw Her with Him... and the things she said through her action... I got really angry at her. It was probably because I was drunk... My emotion took over from my logic and... I began to speak from my heart rather than my brain...

For the first time, I shouted at her...

Me: That's enough! What do you want me to do?! It's not a good place for me to be anyway... What is it exactly that you want to say to me?!

Her: ......

Me: If you wanted to tell me this... you could've just called... I told you I was tired and had other things to do! What do you think you're doing?!

... is what I said... This wasn't what I wanted... I just wanted to congratulate her... and wish her happiness in her love... What was wrong with me?

Her expression then... That must have been the first time I saw such an expression from a human being. Many different emotions were all mixed up...

Sadness... Heartbreaking... Happiness... Warmth... and a longing to say something...

I marveled at the sight while thinking how a single person's expression can contain so many different emotion... She was speaking... even her voice carried too many emotions...

“If you want to go... then go... but.... but...”

She couldn't finish her sentence, and I turned my back on her and went down the stairs.

I headed towards the subway station... I don't know why each one of my steps felt so heavy...

In my heart, I felt too many different things as well....

In my wish to congratulate her, a bit of heartbreak was mixed in... In my expectation for me to be happy for her, a bit of sadness was mixed in... Somewhere in my heart, a big gaping hole began to form... The wind that passed through that hole was too cold and painful...

But when I was making my way to the station, someone suddenly grabbed my shoulder... and turned me around by force...

Translated By: BumFromKorea

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP