*Click the Post Title to view the whole Chapter*

*Take Out all stuffs here with PROPER CREDIT*

My Sassy Girl Chapter 14

>> Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Sassy Girl by Kim Ho-sik [English CH.14]

CHAPTER 14


Yep. There was no way it would've ended like that... The next day... it was Sunday. She called me in the morning... and I was sleeping, of course... To be honest, isn't sleeping in on Sundays a tradition?

It's a sacred tradition in our country, and to even imply that I should violate it... It's the end times, I tell you...

She called me and told me to come out... I could tell from her voice that she was still angry... To be fair, I kinda blew her off last night... even I would've been upset.

I was really nervous that day. I told myself 'Just be really careful... Don't talk back to her or confront her... just become a Yes-Man for today...' as I went to the place she wanted me to go to. Poor me. T.T

It was a small cafe in Shinchon. Back in 94 or 95, internet social groups would meet in places like these, but I haven't been to one since... it changed a lot since... it was really cozy back then (T/N: He's referring to the mysterious, mythical times where internet browsers did not exist yet... it's not a facebook group or anything like that).

She was already there waiting for me. Shinchon was pretty close to where I lived and she lived in Bupyong... so I guess I was being sluggish.

I approached her, but she didn't say anything... She must be really angry... I sat down, but she didn't even look at me... She was just looking at an empty space, and I had no idea what she was thinking... She wasn't her usual self.

Her usual self would have involved a water cup to the face along with a nice double side kicks... I would've preferred that, actually... This made me even more nervous... It felt like a scene in Misery...

Without saying anything, we drank our coffees. She then stood up, and I followed her. I paid for the coffees... you know, out of guilt.

I was getting hungry... it was a little past lunchtime... I took her to lunch, but she still wasn't saying anything...

So far, all we've said to each other was “Hey, I'm here.” and “I'm hungry... let's go eat something”. And I was the only one speaking.

After lunch, there weren't anything to do... Then she finally said something...

“Let's go watch a video.” (T/N: A Video Room is like a private theater with a projection, surround sound, a comfortable couch, and a very private setting. Typically, it is used by couples for... well, when they need privacy.)

I've never been to a Video Room with her before... This woman was going to take me to a dark place and beat me to death in private... I am really screwed now...

I don't even remember what movie we were going to watch... she just picked one. Then we went to the room... I prayed... that there were some windows around, and that someone would be able to see something if she decided to kill me... and hopefully save me...

But... the room we got was completely isolated from the outside... no one could see what was going on inside... crap...

We sat next to each other as the movie started, but she still didn't say anything. It was driving me insane... I couldn't even tell what the movie was about... I just looked at her hands... well, her soon-to-be-fists that will eventually come flying towards my face... so I prepared myself to block anything.

The movie was over... and she still hasn't said a thing. I kept looking at her during the movies, and it didn't look like she was watching the movie either. She looked... really out of it.

She then said her second sentence of the day.

“Let's go drink...”

Drink... While I was meeting her, I promised myself something...: 'Hell would freeze over before I drink with you or eat Jajangmyun (T/N: see ch. 9) with you'.

But I couldn't help it... I already told myself to do anything she wants today... So we went to a pub and ordered 2 pints of beer and a fruit salad...

A pint is... exactly the amount of alcohol that will cause Her to pick fights with strangers...

I tried to drink mine really quickly, then drink hers so that she won't get any alcohol in her system... this was the only way for me to survive tonight...

What will I do if she gets drunk and pick fights with someone huge?

But... she drank hers in two gulps... and ordered another pint... while I was able to take two sips.

I was getting really curious... this wasn't about what I did yesterday at all...

With this much alcohol in her... typically she would have already yelled at one of the customers, “Why the hell are you eating snails for? Eat something else!”

But she was really quiet... she was about to drink her second pint, but I stopped her.

Me: Hey, hold on a minute... What's wrong?

Her: What? Just leave me alone...

Me: If you go unconscious again, I'm just going to leave you on the floor.

Her: Do whatever you want...

Me: Something's obviously wrong. What's up? What happened? I'm really sorry about yesterday... Wait a minute... Is it... “That” day today?

A fork flew straight towards me... like those bullets in the Matrix.

Despite me trying to stop her, she drank her second pint... three gulps this time.

Then she picked up the fork she threw at me and picked up a slice of apple from the fruit salad... then fell asleep on the table. -_-;; I'm not even surprised by something like this anymore.. It was to be expected.

And of course, she couldn't fall asleep quietly... she made a big crashing noise as her head banged against the table.

People looking? Oh yeah, they were staring at us, but I was used to it by now. Remember, we're the people who threw up in front of the audience of 200 people. (See chapter 9)

We haven't really touched the fruit salad... and I only had two sips of my beer... and it hasn't even been 30 minutes since we arrived at the pub... But what was I supposed to do, finish my drinks and eat the salad with her unconscious in front of me?

I took care of the bill, picked up her bag and mine... and was about to carry her, but decided to help her up instead.

I think I'm qualified by now to write a thesis paper on the most effective ways to transport an unconscious drunk.

Supporting mode, piggyback mode, carrying mode... dragging on the floor mode...

We got out to the Shinchon streets, but the sun was still out. It was summer, so the daytime was still pretty stretched out...

She was passed out drunk... where should I take her? You think... really?

Heh heh heh heh... perverts...

Well, it wouldn't be the first time if I took her to a motel... too bad we weren't in Bupyung... that motel owner would probably give us a warm welcome...

But, like I've already said numerous times, nothing happened between us.

And this time we didn't go to a motel... we went back to the video room. How could I go there twice in one day? ... Hey, why not? I helped her sit down on a chair and picked out a movie.

Me: Say, which one of these movies are the longest?

Owner: -_-;;

Me: ^^;

The owner picked out some weird Buddhist movie that ran for about two and a half hours for us.

I sat her down... well, lay her down on the couch.

I took a look at her... she was wearing a slightly bleached jean and a tight white t-shirt... she wasn't wearing much make up, but her cheeks were bright red, probably from the alcohol... her eyes were closed, and her eyelashes were noticeably long and pretty...

But, above all, I was mostly staring at her breasts... -_-;; (...I promise this isn't an erotic novel)

A completely closed off space... she was sleeping besides me in a dark place...

.....

To be continued....

Translated By: BumFromKorea

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP