*Click the Post Title to view the whole Chapter*

*Take Out all stuffs here with PROPER CREDIT*

My Sassy Girl Chapter 3

>> Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Sassy Girl by Kim Ho-sik [English CH.3]

CHAPTER 3


So... Here’s a good news.. I use informal format with her as well now... After confirming that she was younger than me, then I told her.

Me: Hey! How old do you think I am?!... ma’am? (And I’m stuttering even when I’m saying this)

Girl: You? I don’t know... why is that important? (Her eyes are getting narrower)

Me: You’re a 76! I’m older than you! I oughta beat the crap out of you and teach you some respect! (I wish I could have said that... but...)

Me: I.. I think you’re a 76.. and I’m older... so I thought, maybe...

Girl: Oh, really? How old are you? Ok, then you use informal too..

And that’s how I got to use informal to her. Something wasn’t quite right, but I decided that at least I wasn’t beaten in the process. We have a strange connection, don’t we? It’s been two nights and three days since we’ve met, and we spent the two nights in a motel.

She goes to S university. I’m not that impressive myself... I’m a college student. She doesn’t have classes on Wednesdays, and I don’t have classes on Thursdays.

Few days later, she called me. She said she didn’t have class that day, so she wanted to do something. I was at school... in lecture. I told her I was in class and that I had lectures that afternoon, so I couldn’t get out until 5. Then she told me she was coming here. It’s not like I could stop her.

After lunch, the lecture started at 2. At 2:30, the front door of the lecture hall burst open, and everyone looked towards it. Usually, when students were late for classes, they use back doors. Quietly. Whoever this was, she was one brave student. Then she said out loud.

“What kind of school is this? I can’t find the damn classrooms!”

You guessed it... Our tough... tough girl. As soon as I found out it was her, I turned around and pretend to be asleep. I hoped she didn’t notice me. And then... I could hear her footsteps. She was coming towards me.. How could she know it was me? She couldn’t have seen me...

Whenever I got some money, I usually spend it on food and drinks with my friends, so I basically have one pair of sweatshirts and pants. And yes, I was wearing the same clothes as I had whenever I met her.

I blame the world... I blame alcohol... I blame my friends... I just wanted to run away... She sat right next to me.

It hadn’t been that long since semester started, so though students recognized each other, but the professor didn’t recognize all of us. The professor probably thought she was some brave student late for class.

Then the class continued. But people were talking left and right...
‘She’s new, isn’t she?’
‘She’s pretty hot!’
‘Our school has girls like that?’
‘Finally, a reason to go to this class.’

Some guy with same major as mine whispered to me from the back.

“Bro, the girl next to you is really cute. Let’s work on her after class.”

I thought to myself ‘Moron... idiot...’ If she just forced me to leave the lecture, I’d be known throughout the school as... ‘That guy’. The 20 minutes till the break period felt so long.

Then the break came. In case she started talking to me, I got up quickly. She followed, of course, and told me we should go somewhere else.. What the hell...

I’m not exactly a model student. This professor is famous for giving out Ds for absence and F for an absence and tardiness.

So I told her. In all honesty, I could not ditch this class. Just kill me instead. Surprisingly, she told me “Ok”. And sat back down.

After 10 minute break, the class continued. Two hours left... but she was nowhere to be seen. Did she leave? Or is she just waiting for me?

Then the professor came in and said.

“Gyunwoo. I’ll count you as present, so go ahead..”

“Huh? Professor, why?”

“That girl was your girlfriend, right?”

The lecture hall turned completely silent. Everyone was looking at me with envy. Haha... It felt kinda good. But... what did she say to the professor? How did she convince that intolerant professor to let me go? So I took my stuff and came out. She was waiting for me outside.

“Hey, what did you told him? He’s not exactly understanding....”

Yeah... she told me

“I told him I had to go get an abortion, and that you were the father.”

If someone else had to me this, I wouldn’t have believed it. But... This girl... she was definitely capable....

What kind of situation is this??? I was ruined! My campus life at this point had been terminated. I didn’t do anything to her...

Then I couldn’t go to that class again. I just decided to take the F. The students complained about letting me go, so the professor told them what she told him.

The girls in my major aren’t even talking to me. During the CAD class, Yungmi used to help me with the blueprints all the time, but now she looks at me as if I’m a pervert.

Afterwards, any classes I took, people were talking and talking...

It had been only 2 months since I started college after military service... and I’m already left out.

That’s not all. This is nothing compared to what I had to go through so far.

Oh... I got a B in that class I couldn’t go to any more. I didn’t go to class at all... and only took the final... The professor must have taken my ‘situation’ into consideration. So people started hating me even more. That class... you had to work your ass off to get a B. One in 120 gets an A in that class... A friend of mine told me that such things had never happened before or never will... He told me it was gonna become a campus legend...

Translated By: BumFromKorea

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP