*Click the Post Title to view the whole Chapter*

*Take Out all stuffs here with PROPER CREDIT*

My Sassy Girl Chapter 16

>> Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Sassy Girl by Kim Ho-sik [English CH.16]

CHAPTER 16


After she ran into the person she was in love with before, I stopped calling her... I didn't answer her calls, and even when she asked me to go somewhere with her, I told her I was too busy. Even when she said “Are you going to die, or are you going to come out?”, I didn't go...

Yes, I have finally gone insane and now have a death wish...

No, not quite. The reason I was avoiding her was...

Because I didn't want to influence her decision...

But that day, she called me...

Her: What's wrong with you, lately?

Me: Huh? What do you mean?

Her: You don't come out when I ask you to... and you're not really answering your phone... like you're mad or something.

Me: Oh, I'm just busy and tired lately...

Her: What about today?

Me: Yeah... I'm too busy... and I promised someone to go somewhere...

Her: Can't you delay it? Do you have to go there?

That call was different from others... Her voice on the phone was different... It felt like there was something different... even her way of speaking was different from usual..

I could tell from her voice that...

She was ready to make her decision.

Like I said before, it wasn't a choice between her ex-boyfriend and me... but whether to start her relationship with her ex or not...

My meaning and purpose in all this was simply whether her heart has healed enough, or if she needs me to be around a bit more...

I had thought that the outcome of her decision was irrelevant to me... I thought I wouldn't be hurt either way...

In order to see her... well, to be more accurate, I wanted to see the fully healed Her... so I canceled everything else and went to the place she asked me to go to.

Sure enough... there was another person with her. Another guy... The person who she was in love with before... This was the first time I saw this person.

Yeah... he was good-looking. He looked like a nice person, and was dressed very well. He looked rich too, the kind of guy that's really popular with girls.

He was really different from me, who was dirt poor, plain-looking, barely knew what “manners” meant, and wearing whatever I found in the dryers... It's a secret but... I've been known to wear the same underwear for three straight days when I feel really lazy...

She introduced us to each other..

“This is my friend, Gyunwoo...”

Yeah... I was her friend... but for some reason, I could only hear the word 'friend'. Friend... Friend... The word 'friend', for some reason, began to dig painfully into my heart. She and I were friends...

“And this is... um... OOO.” (T/N: Name censored by the author, for obvious reasons)

I guess she couldn't find the correct title for him. She just told me his name... To her, He was... he wasn't a friend, at least...

I ordered coffee... and he ordered coffee... and she ordered a coke.

Something is strange though... I was really surprised to see her ordering a coke. Coke... she only orders that when she is really upset about something.

But He, who have known her for so long... who have loved her once, didn't seem to know that about her... He was smiling... I thought, 'what's he smiling about, anyway?'

I took a closer look at her. She was laughing, but something was different. As if she was nervous about something... It's not too surprising, actually...

She was at the same table with her ex and someone who she was seeing (though not going out with). Any girl would be uncomfortable in such setting... but she's the one who arranged this meeting... (I will elaborate on why she did this later)

I didn't know then. Actually, I thought, 'she's finally going back to this person... and she just wanted to thank me for everything...'

But I was stoic about it... It's the result of my utmost effort to not to fall in love with her... my logical side had won against my emotion.

I didn't say anything... It was a rather uncomfortable meeting, and I was meeting a stranger for the first time, no less... I had nothing to say.

When she asked me something, she and I talked while he drank his coffee...

And when she asked him something, they talked while I drank my coffee...

And when there's an awkward silence, she drank her coke.

She got up and said, “Let's go... and get something to drink.”

Even if she gets drunk and pass out or pick a fight with strangers, it has nothing to do with me now. Because He was there...

And then, we all went to a very, very quiet pub for a drink...

Translated By: BumFromKorea

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP