*Click the Post Title to view the whole Chapter*

*Take Out all stuffs here with PROPER CREDIT*

My Sassy Girl Chapter 5

>> Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Sassy Girl by Kim Ho-sik [English CH.5]

CHAPTER 5


I was very weary of her "toughness" and her ability to make trouble just about anywhere. By then, I was pretty much on alert for any 'sudden situations'. In case she drinks by herself and is helpless... or in case she makes trouble after she's drunk... I wrote my phone number on a card and put it in her wallet.

*If I'm completely out of my mind, please call the number below. Cell Phone #: 016-225-*****

It's just like that lost and found tag you get for your dog. I know... there wasn't any other way.

You know how people can't always be happy? That there's a day when everything goes wrong? That day, I was very depressed because of a friendship gone rather awry. And what's a better medicine for sadness than alcohol? I drank quite excessively that night.

I can only handle a bottle and a half of soju (Note: This is quite a lot for U.S. standard... Soju is 20~25% alcohol) But I don't act up when I'm drunk. I just sleep... quietly. I drank two bottles that day, and I had to head home only semi-consciously.

When I arrived at the Subway station, I suddenly wanted to see her (whose outward looks, at least, was appealing). I took the lane heading to Inchon... and fell asleep

Someone woke me up then.
"Listen, young man. You have to get off here. This is Jemoolpo station." (Note:Jemoolpo station is in front of University of Inchon)

I was still drunk at this time. Just because I slept a little doesn't mean all the alcohol drank already would be gone. Someone dragged me off the subway and had me lie down on a bench. (Still, the world really is a nice place to live in. I was a complete stranger, and that guy had the heart to take care of me)

I looked around, trying to figure out where I was... It really was Jemoolpo station. And then I called her...

"Hey!... I... It's me... *gags* *burps* I'm at... uh... Jemoolpo Station. You gotta come here... and get meeee... in 30 minutes."

She lives in Bupyung. If you think about it, 30 minutes is pretty generous. I was always pressured by her time limit... and I guess I was unconsciously planning for a revenge. -_-;; Then I fell asleep... at least, I don't remember anything after that.

When I woke up... I was in jail. -_-;;

My stomach was not feeling good at all.. I had a blinding headache, and had a painful thirst as well. A cop got me a cup of water..

"Sir.. Why am I in here? Let me out..."
"No, you gotta wait for the call from the DA (District Attorney)"

District Attorney? I must have attacked a woman or something last night while I was drink.. My life was over... I tried to remember what happened, but all I remember is calling her.

Half an hour later... my beautiful and tough girl game in... I realized she hadn't come last night. But then, she told me that her uncle was the district attorney, and he lived in Jemoolpo. She was worried because I did something very out of character, and called her uncle in the middle of the night, then her uncle...

saw me sleeping under the station bench, barefeet... and using a soda can as a pillow.

Apparently, there were some coins thrown in front of me... well, thank you.

Then her uncle had taken me to the nearest police station. I understand the situation and that her uncle was a DA, but still... letting me sleep in a jail? And I was his niece's friend... and of course, she agreed to put me in jail.

Remember how I put a card in her wallet?

Well, she put one in mine...

*Hello. I'm a mental patient. Sometimes, I'm completely out of my mind, so if you see me acting crazy, please call this number: 011-316-**** *

And this is how we have each other's address and phone numbers (and asking people to call this number in.. certain situations) in our wallets. It's pretty cool... -_-;; Later when I get a job at an office, I'm going to xerox it.

That day, she beat the living hell out of me... and told me that if I do something like this again, she'll kill me. 'You're worse than me...'

Translated By: BumFromKorea

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP